Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wednesday September 27, 2006

'Spose I should do some updating. DNS move worked great. Gas is 2.25. Weather is chilly. Time is short. Stress is high. Grass is cold. Long weekend ahead. Sun is yellow. Scripted installs work great.

Reinstalled Xandros. Now I'm trying to figure out how to install the packages I need to install the packages I need to install and run Nagios. No, that is not a typo. Maybe that is one of the things I like about the window system, we expect the application install to also install all of the dependencies invisibly. Before I can install Nagios I need to Install and configure an Apache server. Then I need to install a C compiler. Install the gd library. Create the special user. Create the directory structure. Unpack and start thre compile of Nagios. ERROR!!! missing files. Go back and try to figure out what is missing. Get and install gcc. I don't know what else because this is where I'm at right now.

Gotta go figure out whay a PC is running soooo sloooow.

No comments:

Post a Comment