Monday, March 15, 2010

Alice In Wonderland

I really enjoyed Tim Burton's treatment of Alice in Wonderland.  He didn't abuse any of the characters, if anything I thought that he added some depth to the characters and I didn't feel that he tried to change any of them.  The new story didn't change any of the old story facts but added on to it in a logical sequence.  In fact, I think that Charles Dodgson would have enjoyed this story.

I was only disappointed in one tiny matter.  Yes, I know that ""The Hunting of the Snark" isn't an "Alice" story, but it is certainly closely related and shares some characters.  At the end of the new Alice we see her standing on the bow of her ship.  I thought it would have been a nice touch to have tied a rudder to the bowsprit, but somehow, Burton missed that opportunity.  Doesn't hurt the movie at all, and only a true Dodgson fan would ever think of that.

I will have to add the DVD to my collection when I rebuild it, and I want to get the soundtrack as well, I really enjoyed the music, it added a fitting touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment