Sunday, August 15, 2010

Psalm 15-16

GOD, who gets invited to dinner at your place? How do we get on your guest list?
"Walk straight, act right, tell the truth.
"Don't hurt your friend, don't blame your neighbor; despise the despicable.
"Keep your word even when it costs you, make an honest living, never take a bribe.
"You'll never get blacklisted if you live like this."
Keep me safe, O God, I've run for dear life to you.
I say to GOD, "Be my Lord!" Without you, nothing makes sense.
And these God-chosen lives all around-- what splendid friends they make!
Don't just go shopping for a god. Gods are not for sale.
I swear I'll never treat god-names like brand-names.
My choice is you, GOD, first and only.  And now I find I'm your choice!
You set me up with a house and yard.   And then you made me your heir!
The wise counsel GOD gives when I'm awake is confirmed by my sleeping heart.
Day and night I'll stick with GOD; I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go.
I'm happy from the inside out, and from the outside in, I'm firmly formed.
You canceled my ticket to hell-- that's not my destination!
Now you've got my feet on the life path, all radiant from the shining of your face.
Ever since you took my hand, I'm on the right way.

(Psalms 15-16 The Message)

2 comments:

  1. And now... if only you practiced what you preach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Glad God is ever so close to us, He doesen't break covent with us! He restores us to Himself when we come back to seek a right relationshlip with Him.
    I say this because God forgives an understands all things! We as His children should do the same!
    Lord Bless, Donna

    ReplyDelete