Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sunlight on my...

Sunny right now (9 AM).  Poured rain last night for a couple of hours.  A chance of rain in the forecast today but I only see widely scattered showers on radar.  about 45 degrees this morning, but the forecast high is only a couple of degrees warmer.  Can't see the mountains for the cloud banks, so don't know if they got snow; but road reports say that Stevens Pass (4000 ft) has snow and slush while Snoqualmie Pass (3000 ft) has rain.

November is rainiest month in this part of the world, guess we can look forward to more.  I seem to recall reading that we can expect 6+ inches of rain this month (but can't find the reference right now).

(Later) Went out for a walk at lunchtime.  Still can't see the mountains for the haze, but the sun is bright.  Here is a photo I took on my walk.  I don't know what kind of tree it is, but to me it appears to have purple leaves during the summer.  Right now it appears to me as a riotous blend of purples and oranges and I think it is quite nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment