Saturday, January 7, 2012

Frustration


Trying to get stuff moved here from Wordpress is an exercise in frustration.  The Wordpress export is not compatible with the Blogger import, even though both are in an XML format.  There is a conversion utility that works mostly OK, but it ruins links and picture labels.  The export does not contain photos, only text, so all my photos are still hosted on Wordpress and linked from Blogger except where I have uploaded the photo to PicasaWeb and linked from there, which I admit is really sweet.

The worst part is when I try to build a page it crashes with an error "bX-z4dl8u".  Because this is the new and improved version linked to my Google+ account, there is no help for this error.

Always fun to be on the bleeding edge of life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment