Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Wednesday April 5, 2006

Rant time.

I've been a bit P.O.'d lately (and it's about to get worse) because I'm allergic to everything green and growing, so I live on antihistamines. Nowadays preferably Claritin-D. So why am I getting P.O.'d? Because for the last year under MN law I can only buy 20 days supply every 30 days. Why? Because I might want to make Meth with it. Spring is starting up again and my eyes are getting swollen, etc, and there is not a lot I can do about it for another week or so.

Q1. Why am I presumed guilty without due process? I thought that the laws of the U.S., particularly the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments, say that I am to be regarded as innocent until I am proven guilty. Why, then, am I presumed to run a meth lab just because I wish to purchase antihistamines?

Q2. Why the heck is making meth against the law, anyways? For that matter, if it is legal to use tobacco or alcohol, why is it not legal to use meth or cannabis? Tobacco and alcohol each kill more people every year than just about anything else I can think of, including "illegal" drugs. Why not make it a crime to make or use alcohol?

Oh yeah, they outlawed alcohol back in the 1920's. Funny thing was, it increased alcohol use and abuse, increased crime, increased organized crime, increased gang warfare. Since Prohibition was repealed and the manufacture and consumption of alcohol was regulated (instead of prohibited) all of those problems decreased...until we started a "war" on drugs. A "War" that, now, incidentally, prohibits me from buying my allergy medications.

Q3. Let's just extend this another step. Why is it assumed that just because I want to own a gun that I want to kill someone?

I think I just saw some statistics recently that doctors kill 10 times as many people every year as guns do. Anybody want to dig that info up for me? Scary. Maybe we need to outlaw doctors!!! How many people do lawyers kill every year? Maybe we should outlaw them also?

Q4. What has happened to the "Land of the Free"?

Check out these websites starting with the first one. I think you might get a bit of an eye-opener if you look at this carefully and honestly.

http://www.strike-the-root.com/61/victor/victor1.html
http://www.drugwardistortions.org/
http://www.drugwarfacts.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment