Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Wednesday November 1, 2006

Hey! The weather is changing!! Maybe winter is coming!!

It was cold last night going out to the car after work. It was 26F, but the wind chill (according to the NWS) was 16F. I would have sworn it was colder than that.

I just can't believe how the prices of electronics keep falling. I was at wally-world this morning and saw that the VCR/DVD combo I paid $99 for last year is at $49, the DVD-Burner+-r/rw that was $150 a year ago is $50.

Darn candy wrappers! Can't tear the things open anymore, it requires a sharp object. Gotta go get some scissors.

I casn hardly believe the school rules anymore. Some of the parents here were telling me about kids sent home from school yesterday. Seems that it is against school rules to wear masks (I can see that one), too much makeup, certain clothing, and everything else that used to make Halloween so fun when I was a kid. I can see part of it, the mask thing because these days you need to be able to positively visually ID someone, some of the clothing stuff because of gangs, but most of it seems calculated to take the fun out of things.

I've been trying to collect all of the stories by Kipling that have the "Stalky & Co." characters in them, including the ones not in "Stalky & Co." and "The Complete Stalky & Co.". Really fun, gives me an excuse to read all of the Kipling stories and books all over again.

Past time to work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment