Friday, December 22, 2006

Friday December 22, 2006

Maybe a white Christmas????? We got about a half inch of snow last night, about 30F this morning, and a chance of more snow today and tomorrow. But the weather forecast is nice for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and Boxing Day, which is nice for those that need to travel on those days.

Gas is 2.29 this morning. Last Saturday/Sunday it was at 2.15, with some stations at 2.19, then Monday morning (?) it jumped to 2.35!!! across the board.

Finally got a Christmas tree last night, just as it started snowing. Better than last year, didn't get it until Christmas Eve. Last year there were a lot of Christmas trees for sale on Christmas Eve, so I could take my pick of just about anything at half price. This year we found three gas stations with trees for sale. All the big lots are packed up and gone. And I doubt that those three gas stations had more than 25 trees combined. Found a nice one though at Shallow Lake Store. Very fresh and smells nice. And I thought it appropriate that it started snowing as I was about 2 miles from the store, so when we got there the ground was almost white. The house is about 4 miles north of Shallow Lake Store, but about 8 miles by road. About two miles from home we drove out of the snow, and it wasn't snowing at home, but it started by the time the tree came in.

I think this is the first Christmas that we have been a bit scattered. Evan will be visiting his lady friend's family this Christmas. Jon's lady friend will be with us this Christmas, and the situation will be reversed for New Years; Jon will be at his lady friend's family's for New Years while Evan and his lady friend will be with us. (What a mess of apostrophe's!!!) I thought for a little bit that Evvy would be at her boyfriend's for Christmas, but I guess she is supposed to come home sometime today.

I still haven't done my Christmas shopping yet. It's hard for me to think about presents while fighting the traffic and the crowds and the job and the finances and so on. But maybe this afternoon I will manage it. Maybe if it snows more some folks will stay home and that will give me a break.

Time to pretend to work now.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment