Sunday, May 2, 2010

Senor Patron

Had dinner with a friend a couple of nights ago at Senor Patron, an "authentic Mexican Restaurant" in the Irongate Mall, Hibbing, MN.  Yes, I know I didn't spell "senor" correctly, haven't figured out the code, and since they didn't have it always spelled correctly on all of their stuff I feel less concerned about it.

Food and service wasn't bad, but was, well, different.  It was on Friday evening, so I could cut some slack for that, but the restaurant was not busy by any means.  I ordered a combination plate that included a chile rellenos, my friend ordered a taco salad.  My plate was delivered several (maybe 5?) minutes before the other plate was delivered.   I can't speak for the taco salad, but although I have had several variations on the chile rellenos theme, I have never had one which had ground beef in it.  Or, for that matter, where the seed pod thingy was left in it.  Just a bit strange, I thought.

I think El Potro in Grand Rapids has much better service, and I think that El Potro's chile rellenos combination plate is the best I have ever enjoyed.  Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

1 comment: