Friday, July 2, 2010

The Last Airbender

Not sure what to think about this movie. I loved the cartoon series.  I'm amazed at how well they were able to find actors that looked like the cartoon characters (except General Iroh for some reason).  The story line was more or less followed, not less then I expected.  The acting was OK.

But...

Something seemed to be missing.  I can't put my finger on it, but something was not right.  I MAY go back to see the sequels, if they happen to be made, but I wouldn't bet on it.

If you are a fan of the series then you need to see this.  If you are not a fan, maybe.  I was the only person in my group to have seen the Nickelodeon cartoon, but the others enjoyed it.  But they were not gushing about it either.

A pleasant way to spend a rainy afternoon?

I'm not used to being so...ambivalent.

No comments:

Post a Comment