Monday, February 13, 2006

Monday February 13, 2006

Busy busy weekend. Spent all day Saturday between shopping and visiting in Bemidji.

Went over to JimJ's on Sunday afternoon with Matt. Matt went to look at JimJ's ham shack and I took the Voyager so I could use JimJ's heated shop and work on making the doors lock. Since I have been unable to lock the doors I have been unwilling to carry my tools in it which has been rather inconvenient. Took apart all the latch mechanisms, cleaned them out, lubed them up. Found one that had a flipped spring, fixed that. Now all the doors lock and unlock properly.

Helped JimJ some with his sisters Geo. She hit a moose the other night which kinda skooshed down the drivers corner of the roof. JimJ cut the roof off along with the bent front piller and got another roof with pillars. We got it pretty well aligned by the time we left. JimJ made reinforcing brackets to weld inside the pillars, so we were able to set the roof in place then bolt up the doors and test for alignment. Pretty tricky and far beyond anything I would have attempted, but I think it will turn out nice. He is going to clean up and put in new undercoating and add some foam insulation in the quarter panels. It should be a pretty nice ride when completed.

JimJ loaned Matt a couple of Radios to listen to, now Matt needs to build a couple of Antennas.

Now I need to determine the next priority for the Voyager Project. Should I replace the (dead) factory stereo next? Fix the (frozen) Parking Brake next? Replace the Heater core next? I suspect that I will be replacing the stereo next, I really miss having tunes. I do have some heat, and I haven't yet had a car in MN that had a working parking brake.

What I'd really like to do is put this power train in my black Voyager body which is in much better condition and add the Turbo from my Caravan to the Voyager. I think a Black 89 Voyager with a 5-speed 2.5 Turbo would make a nice ride. We'll see. Before I can do any of that I need to fix a Horizon and a LeMans and a Gladiator.

No comments:

Post a Comment