Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday January 28, 2008

Gorgeous day yesterday, mid 30's for the high. Replaced the shift cable in Stripez ('92 Voyager) over the weekend, the column end was bent so it was nearly impossible to to shift into Park. The cable was $50 at O'Reilly's. Wasn't nearly as difficult as I was afraid it was going to be. Generally, when the Haynes manual doesn't tell you how to do the job it means that they don't think that the home mechanic is capable of successfully doing the job.

Don't know why the cable was bent, wish I did. Everything moves freely separately, and feels normal all together, and I don't see anything else wrong with the old cable. I would think it should have taken considerable force to bend that chunk of metal but it is well protected. I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment