Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wednesday January 23, 2008

Because I use Vista I must occasionally use IE7. Most of the time I use Firefox, but occasionally the need for IE7 arises, such as today, when I needed to upload some documents to the teams sharepoint website. Sharepoint will not allow Firefox to do it, only IE. One of the problems I have with IE7 is the nag about "your security setting level puts your computer at risk" because I have certain features disabled. So, I went hunting for a way to disable the nag, and here is what I found.

Open the Group Policy Object Editor. Browse to the Local Computer Policy, Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Internet Explorer. There you will find 3 settings that need to be "Enabled"":
1. Prevent "Fix Settings" functionality
2. Turn off the Security Settings Check feature
3. Prevent performance of First Run Customize settings

Does the trick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment