Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tuesday March 4, 2008

Stripez appears to be fine with the new thermostat. First time I have ever had a problem like that with a new Stant 'stat.

I grabbed a thermometer and put it in the radiator of Stripez last night. When the 'stat is open and the temp gauge is at it's highest reading (just below the middle line) the coolant in the top of the radiator is at 185, which I think is not too bad for a 195 'stat. I then moved to the Gladiator. When the gauge is at the same point as shown in the previous picture, the coolant in the top of the radiator is at 190 with a 195 'stat. So, it is now obvious that either the gauge or the sending unit is incorrect, the engine should be running at very close to the correct temp.

I still don't know why I'm not getting as much heat from the heater system as I think I should be, that will be another line of investigation.

I think the battery in Vger has a problem. Since we have had several batteries die in the last month I don't have any spares right now, so it will have to wait until this weekend before I can dig into that problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment