Monday, July 14, 2008

Another busy weekend. Started on Friday night (7/11), about 6:15 PM a storm broke. This storm brought tornadoes to other parts of the state. To us it brought LOTS of lightning and, by 7:30 PM, an inch of rain.

On Saturday Matt rebuilt the hay wagon. Then, on Sunday afternoon, he baled hay. This baler belongs to a neighbor, it's his backup baler that he hasn't been able to use because he can only get a couple of bales at a time before it misses a knot. Matt has been working with the neighbor (in between other things) on sorting out the problems with it. Looks like they succeeded, Matt got 75 bales without missing a knot.



Last week I noticed that the voltmeter on Vger said it was discharging. When I got home I checked with a voltmeter and the alternator output was fine and the battery was fine. Hmmm. Then, the next day, the fuel gauge suddenly went from full to 1/4 tank. Hmmx2. Then I noticed that the gate indicator light wasn't working. Hmmmx3. Well, after a lot of fiddling and wire tracing and unplugging it looks like the dash on Vger has died. I tried one of my other dash's that I have but that didn't work either, so it must be a connection to the dash that is the problem, but I can't find the connection. The turn signal, high beam indicator, and dash lights work so I don't think the problem is a ground since they all share a common ground, but the fuel gauge, volt gauge, low fuel light, gate light, washer light, belt light, all those have quit working.

Several months ago I bought a cheap oil pressure/temp/voltmeter gauge set by SunPro from Amazon.com, but I've never gotten around to putting them in. I wanted to put the gauges in the dash replacing the factory gauges, but there is just not quite enough room, and they don't mount very well. I discovered (with an old gauge) that the gauge mechanism fits just fine (but can't mount), but that the gauge housing is the problem.

Well, I needed gauges. So, I spent Sunday installing the set. I put them on top of the dash. Works OK there, but I would have preferred them in the dash.

The roses are done, but we have other flowers near the front door.




Gas Buddy currently says that gas is 3.999 but that's incorrect, it's really 4.029.

No comments:

Post a Comment