Friday, July 25, 2008

Went to other building, drove past two gas stations across intersection from each other.  Neither can see the other's sign-board from inside the store.  At 11:40 both stations were at 3.639.  At 11:55 both stations were at 3.619.  It takes (if my memory from when I worked at one of those stores is correct) about ten minutes to change over  the sign, maybe a little less than that to change 1 digit on each side of the sign.  Still, in that 15 minute interval, you expect me to believe that one store lowered its price and someone at the other store just happened to step outside, notice the change, and change their sign?

I don't believe it.

And, I'd be willing to bet that at least 2 or 3 of the other stores in town changed their price in the same interval also.

But multiple accusations of price fixing have never been proven in court in multiple trials.

I don't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment