Monday, November 17, 2008

Winter's (almost) here

Gas in Bemidji Saturday was at 1.919 while GR was at 2.199; today gas in Bemidji is at 1.869 while GR is at 2.069.

Whatever.

'Bout 1/2" snow last night, quite chilly. Just enough to make everyone slide around the street.

Got the (correct) Alternator swapped out on Vger. O'Reilly's kept trying to sell me the NipponDenso alternator when mine requires the Chrysler Alternator. Slight differences in the mounts. Afterwards we realized that it has been noisy for a very long time. It sounds so much quieter now. I hope to see some increase in fuel mileage as an incidental byproduct.

Finally got the living room put back together after completing the inside part of the Window Project.

Got Evan's Tempo here (Saturday's project). The cable that runs from the shift lever to the auto trans is broken. Dealer-only item, about $250. Here's another instance where I will need to decide what we want to do. I've already got close to $2K in it and it needs the shift cable, driver's seat belt mechanism isn't working properly (about $800), and I don't yet know what else might be wrong. Oh, and it needs new front tires ($120) and maybe an alignment ($50). Is it worth it?

I'm getting ready to migrate our old DHCP server to a new (recycled) (temporary) box. Our current DHCP server is also the AD controller for a domain no longer used, and it is also our primary SQL server. I need to demote the server and join it to our current domain. I figure the SQL auth might be my biggest problem, and if I can get the DHCP moved to another box that will be one less item to worry about. Time to start writing the plan for the migration.

I hear that a lot of folks on Face Book are getting scammed by people hi-jacking the account of a friend then asking for money to help out "hey, I need $100 for ??". Don't fall for it!

Did you see the news item about the Oregon woman that was scammed $400K in a Nigerian scam? I still can't believe that someone is stupid enough to do that. http://www.katu.com/news/34292654.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment