Tuesday, December 9, 2008

9 Dec

Gas in GR went to 1.729 sometime yesterday.

Changed oil in Vger and the Red Horizon on Sunday to Valvoline 5w-30. Vger barely started after the cold night and we had to jump-start the Horizon. Neither car has a block heater, not sure why I didn't get one installed on the Horizon while it was apart. I need to see about doing that soon. Vger has an oversized battery, but I don't know of a bigger one that will fit the Horizon, it needs a small, reversed terminal battery and doesn't have room for anything different.

Matt got the steering box out of the Suburban and removed the old pitman arm and put on the new one, just need to figure out how to torque it to 160 ft-lbs. Need a big vice on a big bench or something like that. The 115,000 btu heater makes a big difference in the garage. If I had $3-400 I'd get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment