Monday, December 15, 2008

After the Blizzard

I guess for us technically it wasn't a blizzard.  I believe that the technical requirement for a blizzard includes "visibility less than 1/4 mile".  I think that visibility was less than 1/4 mile for several brief periods, and it was less than 1/2 mile for most of Sunday.

Right now it is -11°F; NWS says that the wind chill is -36°F.  We have an honest 1' of snow, and 2' drifts in the yard including right in front of both cars, so we will need to dig thru those before we can even think about going somewhere. I think once the drifts are gone that Vger can get thru the driveway, but more work will be required to get the Horizon down the driveway. Still haven’t got the plow tractor running yet.

Not going to make it to my desk today; instead I will be working from home over dial-up. Ah, the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment