Friday, June 19, 2009

Collage

I'm sitting in the parking lot of the Public Library waiting for dark, then I can go find a quiet place to park for the night.  All around GR are T-Storms.



Can hear the thunder from the one just to the southwest.  Think that one will miss us, but who knows what else might pop up?  Had a pretty good one last night, for a few moments I was wishing I had a houseboat instead of a Mustang.

So, I'm sitting here, reflecting over the past week.

Last nights DQ Cruise was pretty quiet.  T-Storms were in the forecast, so a lot of cars and people stayed home.  There were a couple of highlights though.

This 1969 Mustang is for sale, less than 200 miles on a new 351W crate motor.  Absolutely a gorgeous car.



And my 2006 Mustang



There were several Street/Strip cars that showed up, the blue Charger, the blue S-10, the yellow SS.  They are all getting ready to go racing at Brainerd over the 4th of July weekend.  And I found out something.  On many Wednesday nights you can race your street car at Brainerd.  cost is just $20.  Requires that the car be street legal and that you wear a Snell approved helmet.  You can run as many times as you want from 5 PM until dark for the $20.  I think I'm going to go.  I've wanted to know what this car and I can do, and this is the proper venue to explore that.  I'm hoping I can afford to go July 1st.

This time of being by myself has given me lots of opportunity to explore my psyche.  I haven't learned much yet, except that the peace and quiet are restful to a point but I miss some excitement in my life.  And that "restful" does not equate to getting enough rest; I'm exhausted all the time.  But I must do what I must do.

I was working on the podiatrists laptop this week, and took the opportunity to ask him about my feet.  I've been trying to do a bit of walking, but the foot and ankle and leg pain are just killing me.  And I LIKE to walk.  I've walked at least 10 miles in the last 5 days.

To make a long story short, I made an appointment to see the podiatrist.  My feet show definite signs of a problem, and he knows he can help me surmount the problem.  Isn't for a couple of weeks though.  Basically, my feet have lost their "spring", so the muscles, joints, and tendons of my ankles and legs are getting all the shock.  And adding padding (which is what I've been doing) isn't going to help.


T-Storms are moving, think I will also. Buenos Noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment