Saturday, April 12, 2008

Major Redesign

Well, I've just completed the major phase of a total redesign of the website moving from frames to CSS. Quite the adventure.

The blizzard was a lot of noise in my opinion. Weather spotters say we got nearly a foot of snow, the deepest drift I can find here on the farm is not quite a foot deep. Drove to town yesterday evening (before dark) for entertainment, roads were fine. I think we got about 2 inches of snow. LOTS of wind, though, gusts to 50 mph. Some trees down in the area (not in my yard). Duluth did get hit pretty hard, but not us.

Thanks to Style Master CSS Editor for Windows and Mac OS X for their wonderful tutorials on CSS. I've been wanting to get a handle on CSS for quite a while, and their tutorials are clear and concise with good explanations of the mechanics, good enough that I could do some basic work. I will probably wind up buying their software to do the maintenance here, and I also want to integrate this blog into the look and feel of the rest of the website, and I think that Style Master will make it a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment