Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It appears as though power is out on the entire south side of Grand Rapids. We are running on our Emergency Generator Power right now at the Hospital. Made for an excellent drill, we have been having minor glitches with systems and connections going down whenever the power goes out, but it looks like this time everything worked the way it's supposed to. Didn't lose any systems or network connections. Only took 2.5 years.

Yippee!!

Edit

Went out at lunch time to fill the Gladiator, it had enough gas to get home but not enough to make it back to town. Power was off everywhere south of Highway 2, the gas station I wanted is one the south side of 2 and had no power. So, I went across the street to the north side of 2 for lunch. I was originally going to stop at BK, on the south side of 2, and get Whopper Jrs for $1.25 ea, but with no power that wasn't going to happen. So, instead of paying $3.00 for lunch for 2 I spent $22 for lunch for two. I think the Subway is the ONLY fast food on the north side of 2, and they were PACKED. I ordered the Big Philly Cheese. I'm hopeful that the sandwich I had was not a good representation, because it was horrible. The picture looks much better than my sub looked, and I could almost imagine that the picture (poster) might taste just as good.

By the time we got thru the line and done eating the power was back on, so we went to fill the Gladiator. I quit at $95 (broke) even though it wasn't full. My rough guess is that it will cost about $115 to fill that tank.

Just saw at Yahoo! that oil spiked at 126.98. Story also says that National average is 3.73. I need to do some math to correlate the price of gas with my paycheck, but I'm pretty darn sure that my paycheck ain't going up that fast.

On another note, I see a news item that ALL poultry in Seoul has been destroyed to try to contain an outbreak of Avian Flu (H5N1). More than 6.8 million birds have been killed in South Korea. Worldwide, 243 humans have died according to the World Health Organization.

High Fuel Prices. High Food Prices. High death toll in Burma (typhoon, greed). High death toll in China (earthquake).

No comments:

Post a Comment