Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall again

Wow, a lot has gone on since my last post, but I will focus on weather and Fall color in this post.

1.75 inches of rain 9/26-9/27.

On Friday afternoon, I happened to drive by Hale Lake (behind the Forest Lake Restaurant. I had to stop and take some photos from the Fishing Pier.



Took a drive Saturday afternoon to look at colors. Started in GR, drove out the Great River Road to Jacobson, took 65 north to 169, and back to GR. Here are a few photos from that trip.

On the River Road, there are actually 2 tractors, (plus one out of the picture) and a couple of old rakes. Yard art, very rusty.



As you drive into Jacobson on the River Road you cross the Mississippi River. This is looking downriver.



This is looking upriver.



Driving North up Highway 65 we stopped at the Boat Landing on Hart Lake.



This last is a panorama view of Hart Lake with the setting sun behind me. This photo was stitched by the camera as I took the photo.



We continued up Hwy 65 to Swan Lake. This is looking toward the sunset across Swan Lake.



Coming past Bovey/Coleraine on Hwy 169.



Coming into Grand Rapids on Hwy 169



Monday morning at the Hospital, the sun is rising up over the building behind me.




Drove to Duluth for an Expo on Monday, the drive was beautiful; but shortly after I took these last photos the sky started clouding over and then became foggy and the photos didn't turn out. This morning I suspect we are at or close to peak color, but it was too dark from the cloud cover to get any decent photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment