Friday, September 5, 2008

Not happy with Rock Auto

Occasional showers forecast all weekend, so maybe it's a good thing that the rest of my order from Rock Auto won't show up today.  I asked them a couple of days ago what the chances were of getting those items here by the weekend, and they basically told me that they could cancel the order and then I could re-order them.  Maybe I should have done that, I could then have O'Reilly's get them for me, I would have gotten them the next day and for less then what Rock Auto wanted to charge me for next day shipping.

I'm thinking that I will only order from Rock Auto when O'Reilly's doesn't have something on hand and if O'Reilly's can't get it next day.  I'm a bit disappointed with the Customer Service at Rock Auto.  I recognize that Rock Auto is in uncharted territory with their business model, but it's still not good service to argue that you shipped something when the shipping records clearly show that the product was not shipped.  And then to argue about it for 3 days before finally deciding to ship the product and not expediting the shipment or doing SOMETHING to compensate the customer is just not the way to do business, especially in this competitive climate.  Especially when every order I have placed with them has had some kind of screwup involved.  Granted, none were this big, but still.  I still think that Rock Auto has the BEST parts catalog and the BEST parts selection, but they need to work a bit to get some better customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment