Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ketchup

or catchup or something like that. I promised a while back that I would get some pics of the tractor show and the wedding up; here they are.

The day before the wedding we had an informal get-together at Veterans Park in GR for family members, mostly so that we could chat with our relly's and relax for a few. I hate to say it, but the only memorable photo I got from the picnic was this of a squirrel peeking out of the trash can:



The NCMFAAA show was a lot of fun. I mostly drove my tractor around pulling the "people wagon", but I took a few snap-shots as I went of things of interest to me. I missed the parade on Saturday because of the wedding but drove in the parade on Sunday, so I don't have any pictures from the parade.

Something new this year, Bruce Gould made a train out of a lawn tractor and plastic drums for the kids to ride around in. I think he was having as much fun as I was giving rides out:





Here's a photo of my tractor parked on the line:



Here's a restored W4, the "little brother" of my W6:



Here's an MD, which is the cousin of the WD6:



Here's an interesting configuration; an Allis-Chalmers C with a half-track setup:



Here's an interesting mess, a John Deere 5600 that has a Detroit Diesel Turbo engine installed. I don't know how much horsepower it has, but it makes this tractor scoot, and it makes quite a wail. Don't know if it's any good as a tractor anymore, though.



There are some other modified tractors also, how about a Ford with a Flathead V8? Those were available as conversions kits right from some of the dealers (so I'm told), but how about a Ford with a Lincoln V12? I'll bet the dealers never thought of that one.




Here's an old Allis-Chalmers WC. Why is this in here? Because it used to be ours, we swapped it and some cash for another WC that I could (and did) fix. This one had rims so rusted out that the tires couldn't stay on. There's been quite a few other changes to it, but the engine and frame and front gear were once ours. This tractor actually went out and ran a threshing machine for a few moments until it blew a crank seal right out of the block.



Not the greatest photo, but here is (l-r) a Ford, my W6, and an Allis Chalmers WD plowing a field together.





Almost forgot the wedding. Here's Corey and Kendra smooching at the reception:



Remember a while back I had photos of the watertower getting painted? Here's the finished product. In case you can't read it, it says

Grand Rapids

It's in Minnesota's Nature.



And in the place of honor, here's Phillip, who's looking so happy because it's time to call it quits for a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment