Thursday, September 10, 2009

Benediction: Changes and Decisions

It's sad, but it seems that all good things must come to an end. In another couple of days www.hartshorn.org will cease to exist. For over ten years I have kept this domain name (after losing the .net and .com domains) but now that I can no longer afford such frivolities (thanks, Betty!) it will go the way of the dodo.

In less than two weeks (hopefully!) the divorce will be final. I'm still not certain what I will do at that point, but my feeling is that I will follow the wild geese. One thing is certain: I can no longer remain in Northern MN. There are good memories and bad everywhere I glance, and the conflicting memories are tearing me apart.   So, I will go in search of the River Lethe.   I doubt I will be able to find it, but with time the memories will fade and the wounds should scar over.  There are lots of job opportunities (and more housing) down in the Metro area, so I may go there.

I am closing most of my email accounts, but I will keep my original Hotmail account that I have had since HoTMaiL was begun in 1996.

Starting NOW the only way anyone will be able to contact is is via my Hotmail address or via comment on this blog.  I will not be carrying a cell phone (can't afford the bill now), but free internet access is available almost everywhere now. I'm hoping that this 10 year old laptop will last a while yet, and if it does die there are libraries and other places out there that allow the public to use the computer, so I should be able to check my email at least occasionally.

May the LORD bless you and keep you;
May the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
May the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.

Numbers 6:24-26

2 comments:

  1. Earle,
    Good luck on your new adventure. Happiness will find you.
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristi, good luck to you also!
    Earle

    ReplyDelete