Thursday, September 3, 2009

Foot Update

Gotten a little behind on this one, which is not to wondered at considering how much is going on in my life.

Got my new orthotics a couple of weeks ago.  It was recommended that I wear them one hour the first day, two hours the second day, three hours the third day, and so on until I could wear them full time.

Ha!  On the first day I fully intended wearing them only one hour, but I think it was three hours before I finally took them out of my shoe.  Then I forgot to put them in the next day.  Question:  Should one put them in at 7AM and then take them out; or put them in at noon, or put them in x hours before bed time?  That was my question.  They weren't part of my morning routine, so they didn't get installed in the morning.  By noon I had forgotten all about it.  I think it was three days before I remembered to put the orthotics in again, and then I wore them for about six hours.   They didn't give me any trouble.  I then forgot for a couple more days, and the next time I remembered to put them in I left them in.  I have been wearing them all day every day for a week and haven't had a bit of trouble.

One thing I did that I think may have been helpful, I'd like to check with a podiatrist but haven't had the opportunity.  As soon as I found out the reason why I walk with my toes pointed out I started to make a conscious effort to keep my toes pointed straight.  It took a few weeks, but eventually I was doing it most of the time, and I believe that exercise in conjunction with the PSC helped make a better transition.

And yes, my back and legs and feet notice the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment