Sunday, September 6, 2009

Weekend

Got to go to Bemidji Saturday and see some of the kids; was a lot of fun.  Wish I could have spent more time visiting.

Went with Patty and Evvy and Phillip to Paul Bunyan Mall to see "The World At Night" exhibition.  I sometimes wonder if I've seen it more than most of the locals; I'm absolutely fascinated by some of the photography.  Pushed Phillip all over the Mall.  Had a great discussion with Patty about English Litt.

Today (Sunday) I went up 38 and stopped at the Laurentian Divide site.  Took the hiking trail and got to see the ice road and some huge fungi growing out of rotting stumps.  It was nice and calm and peaceful back in the woods, a nice contrast to the way my life has been lately.  Spent most of the day dreaming under the trees.  Still not too good at having fun by myself but am re-learning how to relax.

Gorgeous weather this weekend, mid 70's with light fluffy clouds; perfect for spending time outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment