Monday, September 21, 2009

It's Over

Well, as of now the divorce is final.  The paperwork needs to be typed up and filed, but effective about 5:15 PM today the divorce is final.

No winners here.  Looking back over the 28 years (plus a few months) that we were together, a great deal of everything that we built is now gone.  However, trying to be positive about it, we did raise 4 children to adulthood together.  There were quite a few mistakes along the way; and if I could do it over again I would change a few things, but we were successful (I think) in raising four productive members of society.  That in itself should be ranked as a pretty good accomplishment considering society these days.

However, I'm coming out of this with some huge debts, no job, and almost nothing in the way of resources in an economy that is the worst it has been in my lifetime, I think.  This is very depressing, especially when I look back to a year ago and remember that we were sitting on top of the world, with a great job, property, and almost no debt.

I still don't know where I'm going to go from here.  I really can't live in my car much longer, but I also have no prospects for work at the moment.  I have no income, no medical insurance.  I'm now out of the anti-depressants and tranquilizers that I have been taking for the last few months trying to get thru this, and no way to buy more.  I need to find someplace to put the few belongings that I have been awarded in the settlement, but don't know where.  I was looking forward to possibly retiring in a few years, but that is out of the question now.

So, at this point I need to take stock of who I am, what I have, what I am capable of, where I am at, and decide what I will do.

This will be quite the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment