Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Gas is still at 3.899, but Jon and Patty came to visit last night and expressed surprise at how expensive our gas was, Bemidji is running about 3.75.  Hehehe.  GR is getting ripped off as usual, along with the tourists that get conned into passing thru here.

I had a very unusual visit to the Optometrist this morning.  For the past 43 years I have needed new glasses about every one or two years.  First unusual thing is that it has been three years.  Second unusual thing is that I do not need a new prescription. "So why does everything look blurry?"  The Doc went into a verbose description about how the lens changes to focus objects, but as you get older the lens becomes less elastic, and eventually, in many cases, starts to become cloudy.  My lenses are beginning to be just a tiny bit cloudy, i.e., I am starting to develop cataracts.  Nothing I can do about it right now except that if my vision gets cloudier I should have another checkup, and have my eyes checked at least once a year now (instead of putting it off).

Ouch.  I thought cataracts were something that happened to old folks.  I don't feel that old, but I guess it's my time.

Raining today, and a bit chilly at 45 degrees F.

Jon left me some video of Phillip; I need to get it edited and posted on his web page.  And I have a couple of conference calls and three webinars to attend yet today.  And Matt wants me to burn a  DVD of the School Days at the NCMFAAA.  Better get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment