Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tractor Run

Wow!   Beautiful weather last couple of days.  If it holds for another day or two I might be able to get the garden disked again and finally get it planted.

Tractor run is this weekend.  I'd like to go.  According to the old sales literature, the W6 was supposed to be able to work for a day on a tank of gas.  The run is for one day.  Of course, I don't think the tractor will be working like it would be when plowing a field; I would probably be idling along in road gear.  But still, a tank of gas, that's 21 gallons, at todays price of 3.899 that would be $82 for gas.  I don't think I've had more than 7 or 8 gallons in it at a time; I usually just dump in a 5 gallon can when I think it's running low.

OK, let's do this right.

CONS:

Need to change valve cover gasket on Vger

Need to pull head on Stripez.

Need to finish brakes on Red Horizon

$82 gas money

Need to finish plowing 10 acre field

Tractor might break down

Need to plant garden

Need to make Bemidji run

PROS:

Rare opportunity

Spend time with other club members (heck, I don't even know who most of them are!  I've never made it to a meeting.)

Take a day off and play

Dunno.  It's easy for me to think of cons, against my nature to think of pros.  Or something.  Stay tuned, we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment